Neil is an associate of Bramhalls, offering support where corporate or commercial matters overlap with the employment law needs of our clients.
As well as spending time in a large commercial law firm, Neil has been in-house as head of legal at Littlewoods and Dixons Group, and in-house legal for Brunner Mond plc and Geest.
Neil now provides commercial and business advice and assistance to Bramhalls, as well as a small number of other clients, on a consultancy basis. This includes negotiating and drafting commercial
contracts, handling corporate transactions, regulatory and compliance issues and offering commercial legal support for a range of business dealings. To this end, he also deals with all manner of insurance matters, employment issues, disputes and company secretarial matters.
Some of his notable, individual challenges are:
- Recovering over £1.5m from an insolvent debtor, by successfully enforcing a lien over goods;
- Designing a strategy to reduce the closure cost of an unprofitable division by £600k;
- Conducting a beauty parade of professional advisors and securing cost and time savings worth hundreds of thousands of pounds;
- Recovering £75k from an insolvent debtor, by enforcing retention of title rights against the administrator;
- Negotiating the contract to purchase every banana exported from the Caribbean; and dealing with high profile celebrity contracts and endorsement deals.
He is a qualified solicitor and he has a Law Masters and an MBA.